Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a software that converts a dvd-r or dvd-rw file to a computer compatible...

...format such as mpeg or avi? Cost is no object

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are different answers from me to you for different cases as you didn't give enough details:

1. If you wanna "rip" the movie from a DVD. you need to use a rip software. Just google how to rip from DVD. (I never ripped anything so I cant tell you the ways myself)

2. You may can try using any video converter. Just find one : google for "free video converter" or something. The ones that I've hear of/used are :
    It's very hard to find a free video converter for Windows. (for mac guess it's impossible D)
    Total Video Converter - not free
    Adobe Video converter - I'm not sure if it's free or not
    You may also try using "windows movie maker" as a video converter if you have it installed.

Once you have a video converter you just have to open the insides of a DVD and import/open that file to the video converting software.

3. If you only want to play the content (to watch the video) you better download "K-lite Codec Pack" and install it. It's a free software. It also includes Windows Media Player Classic - which is a lightweight media player perfect for watching movies when it's installed along with K-lite Codec Pack. After you've installed that codec pack your default windows media player will aso be able to open and play a huge variety of media files.
    This way you'll be able to watch whatever format is that video on your DVD.

4. Finally if what u're asking is "how to open a .iso file" which is a CD/DVD image file. You can use a free program called MagicIso.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software-download.htm

Junior Member HungaryHungryHitler's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    try videora ipod converter