Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY DVD DRIVE?

i have a toshiba satellite c655 laptop and anytime i insert a dvd into my dvd drive nothing happens. i try clicking on the drive in my computer and after searching it tells me to insert a disc. i have played movies on my laptop before. my drive is a tsstcorp cddvdw ts-l633c. somebody please help me. i have tried updating the driver and it says its up to date.
    yes it does make noises and my arrow usually has a lil cd icon next to it like its trying to read it. it does play cds and my data discs just not my dvd movies.
    if it is the laser how can i find out for sure? i don't have a lot of money to just go buy a new drive unless it is faulty.

if it is the laser how can i find out for sure? i don't have a lot of money to just go buy a new drive unless it is faulty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you check the CD you're trying to play?

If it's not the CD then it could mean that the CD/DVD Drive is not connected to the laptop,
    try pulling it out, clean it, and put it back in.

I have a Gateway NV55C laptop which is pretty similar to yours, and the only problem I have had with it is having the CD/DVD drive not opening, but that was because the case that's on top of the Drive was bent and was not letting the thing pop out.