Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    1600m Star

CD burning problem ?

burned 4 cds today from my itunes playlist for the car...i tested them on my cd player at my house to make sure they all worked and they worked fine...but when i tried to play them in the car none of the four i made worked and a "bad disc" sign came up.... i put in one of the same exact type of cds that i made last week and it played normal.... what is wrong ?

it was a CD-R

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are multiple formats for burning cd's .mp3 .cda etc. If you burned a format which your car stereo doesn't understand you'll get the bad disc message. Your home cd player may play formats which your car doesn't. View the discs that play in your car through windows explorer to check the file type, then compare that to the discs which didn't work, do the extensions match? (.cda .mp3) And one last thought, did you finalize the cd's?

Richard A
    did you burn a mp3 or a disc that can only be read in certain machines namely computers try burning using windows media player open it click f3 on the keybord it will import all songs and will not make a copy of them like itunes (wait you might have burned a cd -rw which does not play in some cd players )