My computer reads everything fine, USB's, cameras, and my ipod, but when I try to load micro sd cards it just wont work.

I tried two different micro sd's, one being brand new so it's not the card. I tried using two different adapters, that didn't work, doesn't matter where I put them in either, still wont work.

If I use one adapter, it wont show up at all unless I go to "devices and printers" first, then it shows up on "my computer" but when I try to open it, it tells me there's nothing in the drive. I can right click it, and I get options as though there's something in there as opposed to when there isn't but every time it just gives me the error saying there's nothing there

with the other adapter, it shows up without having to do anything else but it just does the same as the other one. keeps saying there's nothing there. and every time I just try to double click and open it the window freezes and I have to close it.

I'm clueless when it comes to computers, so I have no clue what's going on. And neither of the adapters are locked.