Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

question about dvd recorder or dvd recorder vcr combo?

Ok first of all I don't even have a vcr or vcr tapes anymore. We have blu ray players and dvd players. But we have gotten used to the dvr with the satellite but have gotten tired of the bill changing up so we have dropped the dish and only get our kocal channels now. But I am missing shows cause I have no way of recording. I have looked at the dvd recorder vcr combos and was told that is only to convert the vcr tapes to dvds. Then I looked at the dvd recorder and was told I couldn't use it to record off tv like we did with a vcr. Is this true? Can you use the dvd recorder vcr combo or the dvd recorder to record off the tv? Before any says get a tivo that isn't possible. You have to get a package and uses internet and wifi which I don't have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most VCR-DVD writer combos will allow you to record live TV onto the VHS tape and then from the tape onto a DVD. Stand-alone DVD recorders usually don't have this capability. The only problem of recording live TV is if the show is copyright protected. If the show is protected, you will usually only get a black screen or sometimes a big mess of pixels on the recording.