Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

New laptop...how do you burn dvd?

Ho all... I just brought a new toshiba l500 laptop. I downloaded dvd shrink last night, i put the dvd movie in and then opened disk, then backup disk...once it finished i took out the dvd movie and put a blank dvd in and nothing happened??

How do you burn it onto the blank dvd, please help me computer genius's as it is really frustrating??

Downloads
    Uploads
    To use burning internally with DVD Shrink, you need to install some Nero software, as its all dvd shrink supports. Your Toshiba laptop should have come with some software called TOSHIBA DVD MOVIE FACTORY, either under that name or under Ulead (Start - All Programs - DVD movie-factory for toshiba - Ulead something...)

Open that program, on the left click Video Disc, and on the right click the new project button.
    It should ask you what type of dvd you wish to create.
    Click the first (Standard Dvd).

Wait a second, when it loads, at the top left of the window, it should have an Add Media section, with 4 or more more picture buttons under it, click the last (looks like a disc).

Another window will pop-up. Ignore the stuff here and click "Import DVD Folder". Now direct it to the folder where you made a back-up of the dvd on dvd-shrink (you chose where to put it) and open the VIDEO_TS folder within it (search for that folder if you cant find it).

It should load up a screen with all this crap on the left - Make sure you tick all those boxes and click import.

From there follow the easy instructions and burn it to a dvd.

If you dont have the software mentioned above... then i wasted a huge amount of time (not valuable).
    I suggest you download some nero software online, maybe at download.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    You must have an .iso image (file) then have a blank CD, then use a burner like deepburn or magicISO