...Substitute... Help? Okay, early in the year, in January, when I got back home from my winter break vacation, my laptop's CD/DVD drive didn't work. It needed to be either replaced or repaired. Anyways, I went to Staples to see if there really was a problem with my device, and then they told me that there was... I had two options: 1) Get a substitute replacement, such as a (i forgot the name of the CD/DVD driver, but I'll check in the morning) for $59.99. 2) Get the CD/DVD repaired for almost $400.

Of course I went with the replacement. Anyways, it worked perfectly - I could put in my DVD movies into the disk and it would play just like my laptop's CD/DVD drive. Plus, I could play PC games again. But, the only CON in this was that I had to plug two cords into my laptop for the replacement CD/DVD drive to work.

But, last week, on Thursday morning, when my little ten year-old sister went on it, the usual Windows starting up was displayed, and the usual "Press ENTER on START WINDOWS to continue on normally" black screen appeared. But when I pressed enter on the start windows thing, the screen then went to the little Windows screen where the four colors meet to create the logo, and then after that, the screen went blue with white lettering saying that my CD/DVD drive needed repair.

Of course my laptop's CD/DVD drive needed to be repaired, that's why I got the replacement! I even had the two cords plugged in, yet the screen didn't even register the connecting device. It just kept telling me that my laptop's CD/DVD drive needed repair. It had an option to fix any repairs automatically, yet it still told me that I needed my CD/DVD drive repairing. -____- My Dad told me that theres a few stores in a different city that could see what the problem was and could see what they could do to fix it.

But, I wanted to see if I just do a home-repair or if there was an easy way to fix it. Any advice? Thanks!