I was deleting programs that I didn't need on my Sony Vaio because it was running kind of slower than usuall. As I was deleting programs and things, I think I might've deleted something that makes my DVD/CD burner work. I deleted these thing about two days ago. I was not aware that might'be deleted anything that would make my burner work.

Alright, I went to go and burn an audio CD in RealPlayer today. When I got to the Audio CD Burner in Realplayer, at the left hand side it said:

"RealPlayer could not locate a CD burner on your computer.

If you have a CD burner, please make sure it is properly installed."

When I read that, I started to get the feeling that I deleted something that makes the DVD/CD Burner work.

I went to Yahoo! Answers, searched, "deleted cd burner" and I got a question stating:

"I deleted my CD/DVD burner by mistake and I need to add it back how do I do this?"

Considering the fact that it sounded like my problem, I clicked it.

Her details were"

"I have a dell computer and I was trying to clean it up and I haven't used my CD/DVD burner in a while so I deleted it mistakely and I need to add it back. Please help."

I looked at the "Best Answer", and this is what it said:

"right click my computer, click on properties. under hardware click device manager. look for dvd/cd rom drives if the drive is there try disabling and enable it afterwards. if nothing is listed try scanning for hardware changes if it detects the device it will install it automatically. if that does not work check your connections to that device. good luck."

I followed the instructions.

I right clicked on "my computer"

Selected "Properties"

Clicked "Hardware"

I found DVD/CD ROM drives

I didn't know what he meant by "if the drive is there"

But anyways I disabled it.

Then I enabled it.

I didn't know what he meant when he said "If nothing is listed".

I don't know how to "Scan for hardware changes".

Alright, so now I double clicked the device under "DVD/CD ROM" which is :"SONY DVD RW AW-G540A ATA Device"

I was in the genreal section when I double clicked it.

Under "general status" it stated:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

I clicked "check for solutions" but nothing happened.

None of this worked, does anyone know what to do. I need it to work. VERY IMPORTANT!