I just burned a bunch of Alvin and the Chipmunks episodes to a DIVX DVD. I use DIVX for everything, rip the kids videos and put them all on one disk, to save their good copies from being damaged, and of course I'm a horrible person who downloads vintage cartoons for them as well.
Anyway, I downloaded these as a torrent, all are AVI files. All play perfectly fine on my computer, whether it be DIVX Player, WMP, or VLC. It burns to a Divx disc as usual, however, when I put it in the DVD player, the first three episodes only have sound, no video. The next three are perfect, one more with sound, no video, and then the rest are normal. All work perfect on the computer, no idea what the difference is between files? Any suggestions? I've tried searching on tech forums etc before coming here, but all are related to either using a DIVX disc on a non Divx compatible player, or not having proper codecs to play back the video on the computer, neither of these are the case.

Thank you! Using Windows 7 if that has anything to do with it.
It's doing the same for all three of my (Divx Compatible) DVD players, one is Philips, two are Toshiba, and it is also doing the same thing in the PS3, it appears to be an issue with those particular files for some reason

Using a DVD Creator, does it allow you to put just as many videos on a disc (like a data disc) like Divx does? That's what makes Divx appeal to me, I can put a ton of movies/cartoons on one disc to occupy them, as opposed to constantly changing DVDs. Is it as fast as Divx? Divx burns in just a couple of minutes, where when using any actual DVD software, it has taken forever encoding and then burning, creating chapters etc that I don't need.

Thank you for your answers!