Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is a mini dvd a must for my daughter?

We will be on a plane for 2.5 hours on the first and then on the 8th we will make a 6 to 8 hour drive, I have NO idea because I have never done it. It will just be the two of us.

She is two and we have a ton of blues blues, mickey mouse and yo gabba gabba dvds.

I think I can find one at walmart for like $50 or $60

BQ - What is your travel must have?
    Thank you Jay, that even has a power cord for veh use! and comes in pink, not that its important but it sure helps. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    in no way is a mini dvd player a must. instead, entertain her with stories (you dont need a book, you can tell them while your driving), snacks, coloring books, etc. they have these great magnetic interactive books for cars, so the pieces dont slide around, like these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Enchanted-Fashions-Magnetic-Book-Playset/dp/1423107527/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1290200161&sr=8-3
    http://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Fun-CARTR-97-Disney-Playset/dp/B000MVIKUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290200205&sr=8-1
    http://www.amazon.com/MAGNETIC-FUN-THE-LITTLE-MERMAID/dp/B000K6NUWO/ref=pd_sim_t_3

bring along CD's of he favorite songs and sing along with her. play I Spy and have her talk about things going on outside the window, point out things to her. i guarantee shell sleep through a decent portion of the car ride.

BQ: coloring books, magnet games, music, snacks, rest stops so they can stretch their legs and burn some energy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mini DVD players are our travel Must Haves. Each of the three kids has their own. But we bought the kind that can be hooked together if they want to all watch the same movie (which I swear they sometimes do just to be difficult).

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania-7-Portable-DVD-Player-in-Blue-SDVD7015/13082010?sourceid=1500000000000003142050&ci_src=14 110944&ci_sku=13082010

this is the cheapest one i found in the walmart website... hope it helps...

and btw, a must have for me in a long trip is my ipod and some sports magazines haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a must if your daughter likes movies. If she doesnt like movies then do you have a computer or a phone that you can bring so she can watch cartoons from youtube? Colten doesnt watch many movies and I was letting him watch his favorite cartoons from youtube.

BQ: A phone lol. Lots of snacks. Some smaller toys to keep him entertained. A pillow and blanket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I have to say is I don't even want to imagine what our road trips would be like without one lol

We drive quite a bit from down here to MO (13 hour drive)...we take a lot of snacks, movies, books, and Gameboys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With just the two of you, you can't read her stories and drive and hand her toys and crayons and such. Yes, you need a dvd. You may even want to get the spare battery.

Tell the parents that you need Walmart or BestBuy gift cards for Christmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a trip like that, but tack on about 18 hours to the drive. The DVD player was a huge help. Rather than bring your DVDs from home though, do redbox. It's a dollar a day and you can switch movies around for her easily enough.

Check the battery though. The one I got isn't pink or anything, but the battery lasts 5 hours. On an airline you can't hook it into anything, you've got to run it on battery, and some of those batteries only last 2 hours, or less.

Is it a must? Not really. I used to go on trips with my parents without DVD players. But it does make it a lot easier and I don't regret it. We got one at Wal-mart for $70, a Sony player from a year or two ago, the battery lasts longer than the newer ones for some oddball reason.