Hi,

Normally when I use my Mac I run quite allot of applications and put it under quite a bit of 'stress'. Every so often it will crash and i need to restart, &c. Today my Mac froze, it didn't shut down or suffer a kernel panic or anything, it just froze, and the mouse wouldn't move, &c. So after a few minutes I decided to hold down the power button and force a shut down.

When I tried to start up again, I noticed that I couldn't proceed past the first loading screen, as the HD was not being found. I have 2 Leopard install disks, and i tired both of them, and to my 'horror' none of them worked. This has lead to suspicions that my problem is not just to do with my Internal HD, I thought it seemed more like a logic board/RAM problem (NB: At one stage I also got a blank black screen with no sound, when trying to boot up).

Anyway, I realised that I also have a bootable leopard install disk on my External HD. So I installed leopard on my external HD, and was able to boot with no problems.

So does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?? Or even what the PROBLEM is?? Hardware or software??

Thanks in advance