Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I formatted a dvd on my old computer to back up files, now my new drive sees

it as a blank dvd. What's wrong? I know there's information on the dvd because the information side is clearly written on. The drive recognizes that it is a dvd, but just sees it as a blank dvd. Would it matter that I used a software to burn it that I no longer have? Is there any solution at all? I have many things on this dvd that I would like to recover. Someone please help.

yes i definitely see a shaded ring that takes up about 3/4 of the disk. what now?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm regarding "Would it matter that I used a software to burn it that I no longer have?"
    The answer to this is NO, i does not matter if you do not have the software anymore. The software is just used to put the files on the disk, once the file is on the disk the software isn't in the equation!

Look under the disk at the data side (not the writing side) can you see a shaded ring where the files were burned? If you can't see it, sorry to say you probably didn't burn it correctly mate