my T41 Thinkpad driver is bad and i can NOT find it... i tried talking to lenovo, and looking on there website and tried downloading whatever i thought was the driver, but NONE of them worked, most of them said they were updates, and there was no driver to update.

it says this is a HL-DT-ST Rw/DVD GCC-4247N it says the device status is:

windows cannot load the device driver for the hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

when i try to use the troubleshooter it doesn't work, i have trued uninstalling it from the device manager, taking it out, then putting it back in so it is "new hardware" but that doesnt help either.

if i try to just "update Driver" off the device manager, the wizard cant find the drivers.

this is getting VERY upsetting, as the cd/dvd rom DOES NOT see ANY discs. it will pop the tray out and will spin the disc slowly, but it doesn't show the hardware in my "my computer" at all.

so can ANYONE link me to the ORIGINAL driver for this CD-Rw? i am running out of options. i don't think it is a hardware issue.

when i use the thinkvantage toolbox it tells me about the problem with the driver and says "reinstall driver", but when i click on that it just pulls up the device properties, which doesn't help me at all because it clicking "update driver" in the driver tab of the properties brings up the update wizard which won't work cuz it cant find the driver, trying to roll back driver won't work as it has no driver files backed up for this device, when i click driver details it shows 6 drivers, 5 have digital signers, one does not (sonic solutions 3.00.93.0 which is C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sy…

i installed the Thinkvantage system update thing but it only gave me the Thinkpad stuff (like the maginfier, and updated BIOS) but NOTHING that has to do with the CD driver