Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I cannot record data on my DVD-R disc, how come?

I am trying to save my music and other files on a DVD-R disc and its not working. I've tried a few cd's just to make sure and it still doesn't do it. I am using Roxio and when I click to burn it reads it and then when it tried to write it says Errors were detected while trying to record. When I click view errors it says E80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect. I don't understand what is going on. I made sure I clicked that I am saving it as data. I didn't go over the disc size, what should I do now? I notice when I want to click record it doesn't give me a write speed to choose from its just blank.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you need to make sure your drive can burn on it. try windows media player because i've had issues with roxio before. also if you format the disc before using the program, it wont be able to burn music or movies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i suggest you try ashmpoo burning studio 6.. it's free and a full version of the program
    http://download.cnet.com/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Free/3000-2646_4-10776287.html

Make sure you press make data dvd and you should be set

try it out and see how that works.