Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can able write only dvd+r but not the dvd-r?

I'm using sony dvd rw aw-g170a model... now a days i can able to write only the dvd+r discs but not the dvd-r discs can anyone help me to solve this problem...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the drive supports DVD+R and DVD-R, it is most likely actually a brand-name incompatibility. It sounds lame, but some brands of blank DVD just don't work on some burners, for no particular reason. You just have to return them.

It's also possible that you have a different burner than you think you do (check physically on the drive itself -- you will probably have to remove the drive to see the label on top). Just because your driver says its a "Sony DVD RW AW-G170A" does not necessarily mean that you don't actually have a similar one instead and the driver just happens to work for it.

Also, you can try reinstalling or updating the driver, in case it's a driver issue. It may help to download the driver from Sony.