so i have this laptop that won't boot from its internal dvd drive (broken), and it doesn't have the option to boot from usb either. So I tried to boot from an external dvd drive (usb), but it just won't recognize it. It only has the option to boot from a network and a removable device which has only the floppy option.

so i wan't to boot and format this laptop to install xp....but i just don't know how. I've read somewhere that u can boot from floppy which gives you the option to select your external dvd drive as a bootable device....but Im not sure how to do that.

can u please explain how i can format this laptop the easiest way with the options i only have? network or floppy or watever....I'm not new in formatting computer's and BIOS etc... I just haven't tried floppy or network.

FYI, I'm networking two PC's using a router....one of the PC is the one Im using....the other is my uncle's....the Laptop is my friend's and it is not yet in the network (it also has a floppy drive). Also the Laptop won't boot right now to the Operating System only to BIOS, and i can't even boot Winternal or ubuntu etc...since its DVD drive wont read and the External DVD drive wont work.

thnx