Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How the heck do I burn a DVD?

OK so I want to burn some video files and mp3s on a DVD but I don't really know how.

Or is it possible to burn video files on a CD-R and play it on a DVD? (highly doubt it)

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are quite a few ways to make a DVD. If you have Vista, you can just pop in a blank DVD in your burner and it will ask you what you want to do with it - one of the options is burn a disk.

If you have XP, you can download DeepBurner (http://www.deepburner.com) or some other DVD burning software. You normally can either use a wizard or create a new DVD from the menus.

Actually you can burn a movie to a CDR and play it as long as the DVD player supports the codec. DIVX normally works for that, for example. Obviously, most films are bigger than the capacity of a CD though, without compression.

Hope that helps a little.