Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to fix my dvd drive without bringing it to a store?

Today i was printing something off, and my computer was on the edge of the desk, i turned to get the papers and my computer fell and hit the floor. It was ok but later i noticed my DVD drive wasn't right because it was open a little, so I tried pressing the button to open it to see if i could fix it and it wouldn't open, so i got a pin and opened it manually, but when i tried to put a dvd inside it wouldn't play.
    I know this is my own fault, but i need to no if there is anyway i can fix it without taking it to a store because my parents will be VERY mad at me //: I don't no if its disconnected or what! ):

PLEASE HELP!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you are a qualified computer technician, you probably don't want to take it apart, and that's what you probably will have to do to find out what's wrong.

You don't want to hear what I'm going to tell you next, but it's what you need to do;

Go to your parents and own up to what has happened. After all, it may have been stupid, but it WAS an accident! (Wasn't it?) If I were your parent and I had paid for the computer--yes, I'd be mad. But the good news is that I'd be glad you came to me with your problem instead of trying to hide it from me. Even though I'd be mad, I would still help you get your computer fixed. It's what dads do, because we love our kids, even when they do dumb things. God bless!