Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I put videos from my camera onto a DVD?

I need a step by step guide on how to do this.
    I have a Kodak camera. I imported the videos from my sim card onto the camera. what do I do from here?
    Thanks
    carson.

I imported the videos from my sim card onto the computer**

Downloads
    Uploads
    You didn't say whether you wanted to save the files on a DVD as is, or create a DVD that will play in a DVD player.

If it's the former, you can just burn the files to a DVD using Windows Explorer. Then you can play back the files using Apple's Quicktime, which is a free download.

If you want to make a standard DVD, you'll need a video converter. There are several freeware choices; Search for "free video converter software MOV" without the quotes. The Kodak camcorders output MOV files, I'm almost sure, but check one of the files on your card to make sure it has that file extension. If it's something else, substitute that file extension for MOV in your search. You want to make sure you download a converter that handles the file extension you want.

Using the converter software, convert the file to AVI or WMV. You can then use Windows DVD maker on Vista or Win 7 to create a DVD without much of a hassle.