Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do i fix my Dvd drive?

Okay so my dvd isn't working ae there any other tricks besides the paper clip trick or calling computer services?If there are please send me a PM. Much appreciated!

((My computer is a windows XP))

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check the connection of your dvd drive from your PC. There can be instances where IDE connections loosen or even the power supply. If connections are OK, then you may try other DVD's to read.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the drive stopped working it is probably because it has failed. You can open the computer case and make sure the cables are plugged in tight on the drive and on the motherboard. This is a possible problem if someone has been working inside the comuter. Failed DVD drives seems to be common for DVD drives that are used to burn a lot of DVDs. I wear out about one a year burning about four disks a week average. I guess if I paid a little more and got one of the better brands they would last longer.