Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I convert video to my computer from a Sony Handycam DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-R?

I have a Sony Handycam DVD-105 and have been recording video onto either a mini DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW. I finalize the discs in my handycam but only some of them are readable in my computer. My first question is how do I get all of the DVD's to be readable.

The ones that are readable are not in a video format that I can do anything with. There are .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files. How can I get these to a more user-friendly format? What is the best program to do this with and be able to do some simple editing (add music, text, titles, menus, etc.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    MINIDVD
    If you have a mini dvd camcorder….
    You will have to finalize your dvd in the camera and then put the dvd in your computer's DVD burner (top loading only) and then you will have to convert the files (I downloaded http://www.handbrake.fr/ file converter free) and import them into your editing program. Use the HELP feature in your editing program to learn about editing. Usually you would import your videos and drop them in to the timeline, add transitions, menus, music, etc. Once you are ready to burn, your project will be burned to a different DVD and you can file the original away.
    I do not think you can finalize a rewritable dvd but you still have to convert them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MINIDVD
    If you have a mini dvd camcorder….
    You will have to finalize your dvd in the camera and then put the dvd in your computer's DVD burner (top loading only) and then you will have to convert the files (I downloaded http://www.handbrake.fr/ file converter free) and import them into your editing program. Use the HELP feature in your editing program to learn about editing. Usually you would import your videos and drop them in to the timeline, add transitions, menus, music, etc. Once you are ready to burn, your project will be burned to a different DVD and you can file the original away.
    I do not think you can finalize a rewritable dvd but you still have to convert them.