I would like to run all of the components I have for my tv through my receier. It has worked fine until I bught a dvd player that also doubles as a home thearter system. I want to connect the dvd player to the receiver but and lost at a lack of means to do such. The surround sound speakers are hooked up to the dvd home thearter system (was hooked tothe receiver prior to the dvd player) by philips and i would like to be able to run the dvd player whick runs the speakers. I currently have a 300 cd changer that is also now hooked into the dvd system since it acts as somrewhat of a receiver in its own respect. I have the tv then hooked to the dvd system an also hooked to a cable box. The only step left is to find some means in which to hook the dvd system to the receiver i hav since it is of great value and also serves functions the dvd system cannot such as playing my ipod and also has mny more ports. The brand of the receiver is SONY Digital Audio/Video control center. Hope the info helps thanks...