I've asked this question before; however none of the suggestions helped. All of the suggestions were to convert it to a .flv file and I have done that with the software that was advised to me however; YouTube is still telling me the file is too long. Does anyone know of any FREE .flv file splitter programs? I don't want to cut it into any more than 2 segments and the two programs (Untra Video Splitter and Moyea FLV Editor Lite) that I tried needs you to pay for them. Any suggestions?

A friend gave me a DVD that he wants uploaded onto a YouTube. It is a .vob file and the DVD is 593MB and 18:43 long. I have tried converting it to an .avi .mpeg4 file however; it's still too large. I have tried splitting the movie even into 4 parts and tried uploading; however YouTube removes the files saying it's still too long even though it's under 2GB. I have tried the following programs with no luck:
XviD4PSP 6.0
Free DVD Ripper
BoilSoft Video Splitter
Windows Movie Maker

AVS4YOU
iJoySoft DVD Ripper Platinum
I understand that I am completely new at completing a project like this one so, maybe I'm using these programs incorrectly as well. Any help would be appreciated since I feel I'm just banging my head against the wall at this point. Thank you in advance.