Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how come i can connect a internal dvd drive to my laptop but i cant do the same to...

...a internal hard drive? and when i take out my hard drive out of my desktop i can't boot up
    i took out the internal hard drive and internal dvd drive from my desktop

the hard drive does not have windows on it. it was when i brought it because my old computer did not have enough space so, but now i brought a new desktop and moved the hard drive over to there. now i have too much space lol. now im trying to use it on my laptop cuz its running out of space. I used the converter thing that converts ide to usb

Downloads
    Uploads
    They used to make them, but quit i think because they were too expensive. They went in the pc card slot. The internal dvd drive you are talking about is probably a swappable part (i had a dell that you could switch out the floppy and cd drives easily). You can replace the hard drive, but that means you would have to install windows on the new one.
    It wouldn't take much time or effort to actually swap out drives, but i am assuming you want extra storage space? If so, replace your Hard drive with a larger capacity one. I just saw a 500gb one on new egg for $90

Downloads
    Uploads
    They used to make them, but quit i think because they were too expensive. They went in the pc card slot. The internal dvd drive you are talking about is probably a swappable part (i had a dell that you could switch out the floppy and cd drives easily). You can replace the hard drive, but that means you would have to install windows on the new one.
    It wouldn't take much time or effort to actually swap out drives, but i am assuming you want extra storage space? If so, replace your Hard drive with a larger capacity one. I just saw a 500gb one on new egg for $90