Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I download dvd's onto mac to load onto itunes?

Hi there, I asked this question at the beginning of the week but I didn't get any replies that solved my problem so I'm asking again. I hope someone can help me as I'm pulling my hair out with this one. Apparently there's loads of free software out there to enable me to download my dvds onto itunes (for Mac) so that I can watch them on my iPod. One that keeps coming up is Handbrake but it doesn't appear to work the way it should.

Can anyone point me in the direction of such software that is free & easy to use.

Many thanks.
    Why is it illegal if I've already bought the dvd's & just want to transfer them to my mac to watch on my iPod??

Downloads
    Uploads
    if someone owns an original copy of any media type, ripping it is completely legal. ripping for backup purposes is legal. that includes downloaded media files.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be illegal chief.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Handbrake is only part of the solution you need to rip studio DVDs. All it does is pull the movie from the disc. After that, you will need a program to decrypt it (not sure of any free ones).

That will make the movies at least viewable on your computer. After that, it is still possible you will have to convert the files to be compatible with your iPod. However, I'm not 100% sure about that since I don't own a Mac and can't remember what the output options on handbrake are.