Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I burn videos to a DVD that will play in a DVD player?

I am trying to burn some videos that I have taken on digital camera to DVD. So I burned them and chose the option that said 'Playable on DVD players' but when it burned it will only play in my computer.

Is there anything I can do to make it play on a DVD player?

Thanks
    I tried it in Windows Movie Maker but the sound doesn't work, it just shows up as a grey box with a ! sign in it. Is there any way to fix this?

Junior Member DrkNinja@liveecom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are multiple ways to do this:

The easiest of which is to use "Windows DVD Maker," which is a program that is default to Windows 7 go to Start > Programs > Windows DVD Maker. It'll bring a screen up to which you can for you to add a file, once added select from a number of templates, add audio (optional), add video (optional), and then burn to a disk. Only problem is that it is very picky about the file formats and the file cannot be over 150 minutes long.

The second way is to find some freeware programs that do the same thing but accept bigger files, more files, and different file formats. However if you are computer illiterate stick to the first one because the menus obtained through the freeware will be difficult to make look nice.

This last way do not pay attention to unless you are an ADVANCED techy. Download any number of professional programs from either torrents using Utorrent on Piratebay, or actually buying them. Any program you get that is professional grade will be very difficult to learn but allows A LOT of freedom in creating DVD menus and such. Also downloading programs from Piratebay is ILLEGAL and I do not condone it but I understand do what you gotta do.

P.S. If there is a grey box then obviously it is a file format error so I would suggest converting the file to .avi or a .wmv file if your using WDM