So I have various movies I own that I backed-up on my computer, and one of the DVDs got damaged and is now unusable. So I wanted to burn the back-up file back on to a DVD so I could watch said movie without having to hook my computer up to the TV.

What should I do to be able to burn this file to disc in a way that DVD players can read it?

I tried using the disc burning utility that came with my macbook pro, but after it was burned, the DVD player said it couldn't read the disc. What did I do wrong?

Originally, I used MacTheRipper to back-up the DVDs, and I burned the movie file back onto a double layer disc. So again, not sure what I'm doing wrong...Can anyone help?

I was told to try converting to VOB format, but from what I can tell, the files are already .VOB...so is their something else I did wrong. My computer DVD player can read the disc but no DVD players (I've tried several just for the heck of it). Any other suggestions?

Within the folder I burned to the disk, there are two sub-folders: Audio_TS and Video_TS. Within Audio_TS there appears to be nothing...the Video_TS has aprox. 70 files (a mix of .VOBs and .BUPs and IFOs).

Thanks Again!!!