wrong? Analogue TV
Cable box
Modulator
DVD combo

They way it is now ... Had to get a modulator because this DVD recorder doesn't have a place for coaxial cables. I hooked everything up to my modulator the way the cable box and TV used to be connected to my old VCR. Then, the modulator plugs into the DVD recorder with an S-Cable. But, something is not connected right.

CABLE BOX (2 cords)
One comes from the Cable in the wall
The other says, "TV/VCR" and goes to the MODULATOR

MODULATOR
IN - Cord connecting modulator to the cable box
OUT - Cord connecting modulator to my TV
OUT - S-Cable connecting modulator to DVD recorder. Is this enough to connect the DVD recorder to the modulator?

With my old VCR I used channel 3 and I turned the modulator to this channel as well.

I can get cable until I turn the DVD recorder on and then I get a blue screen. I tried switching the channel on the modulator to 4 and it became snowy lines.

I tried to change "input" on the DVD recorder to "Line 1, Line 2," to see if that would help. Still blue. I looked for a channel setting on the DVD recorder to make sure it was also on channel 3 and there was no way to set the channel on this DVD combo. Looked all through the manual and there was no mention of setting it to a channel 3 or whatever.

What else can I try?