Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    mattboots16

dvd burning question?

what do you need to burn a movie which you downloaded off the internet onto a dvd, and what type of blank dvd should i use, and do you have any directions.
    thanks for any info.

does dvd shrink only work with dvd-R or will it work with +R also??

deathbymonkeys69
    hi there. I would use NERO Burning ROM. Also, if it is a dual layer (8 gig) movie, you will need to shrink it to fit on a single layer dvd disc. I reccomend DVD Shrink 3.2 Also, you should use a DVD-R disc as they will play in almost any dvd player as opposed to the DVD+R....

ninjinsamax3
    Obviously a burning program. Depending on the file type that you "downloaded" or have, you have to use different DVD burning programs as not all programs support everything. There are also file type converters such brand like Xilisoft; I have used Xilisoft's programs to convert different audio and video types and it works great. Some good DVD burning programs would be NERO, though people may differ on their opinion for that, since it is pretty resourceful, as it has a lot of junk, but it works for many things. Another would be POWER ISO and MAGIC ISO. I, myself, use Ashampoo though. Usually the less brandier the better as they support more file types.