Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    urbanspaceman

convervion to dvd player of films?

Marc X
    Not sure what you mean by 'slow' as they'll all take a certain amount of time. I use several video converters that can convert between computer formats, such as AVI, MPG, WMV, MOV, etc. Those are all containers for the data stream and essentially, for conversion, they have to be opened and the stream played so that it can convert it to another container. While it's faster than real-time, it's still going to take a lot of time, depending upon the quality and amount of data.

If you're talking about copying or burning a DVD, then again the same thing applies. The data stream of the DVD needs to be encoded, laid down on your hard drive, and then transcoded again as it's burned to your new DVD. It's even slower if you're transcoding computer data streams, such as AVI, etc to DVD.

All in all, it takes me anywhere from 25 ~ 45 minutes to process a good quality 2-hour movie. If it's taking you longer than that, you may need to update the firmware in your DVD burner, or you may need substantially more RAM in your computer, or you may need to free up your computer's resources (not doing anything else on your computer) while it's processing your video.