Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Computer Displays HD-DVD Drive but I don't Have One?

I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit. When I open Computer, I see my two DVD drives displayed and I have two DVD drives in my computer, so that's good. However, at the end of the list is an HD-DVD Rom drive, and I don't even have an HD-DVD drive. Why is this happening?
    I believe that issue may even conflicting with my SD card reader as it won't read any card no matter what size it is or anything.

How do I fix this problem since I don't even have an HD-DVD drive?

If I put a card in the reader, nothing happens. It is not recognized by any part of my computer.
    You could be right that it could be a virtual driver, but I do not believe at any point I tried to play an HD-DVD movie off a virtual drive (especially since Blu-Ray is a million times better, amirite?)

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's probably a virtual HD-DVD drive created by software. Tell us about the problem with your card reader. What happens when you put a card in it? What shows up in Device Manager? What show up in Disk Management?

Update: If nothing appears in the Device Manager when you connect a card, then likely your card reader is not properly connected to your computer. Is this a desktop or a laptop/notebook/netbook?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this a custom build? I've seen that issue with SD card readers before. Might need a cable reseated or may be a bad device. Have you tried to unhook the SD card reader and boot the machine?