Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can't download windows 7 usb/dvd tool need help?

Every time I try to download the windows 7 usb/dvd tool it says "an app on your pc needs .NET framework 3.5" I then click install this feature and another window pops up saying searching for required files. It does not stop searching for files, and I cant exit out of this window until I open up the task manager.

I then tried downloading .NET Framework directly from Microsoftstore.com and the same process happens except this time it says it needs two features, .Net framework 3.0 and 2.0 however 3.0 and 2.0 are .NET Framework 3.5

I am at a lost and software is not my strong point. I am essentially trying to get the usb tool to be able to boot windows 7 directly from my usb.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're using Windows 8, aren't you? Just turning on .NET Framework 3.5 from Control panel won't help. It would ask for network connection. Do the steps below to install .NET Framework 3.5 without internet:

You can use the Windows installation media as the file source when you enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Insert the Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 installation media.
    2. At an elevated command prompt, run the following command:
    3. Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:<drive>:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
    Note: In this command, <drive> is a placeholder for the drive letter for the DVD drive or for the Windows 8 installation media. For example, you run the following command:
    Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Downloads
    Uploads
    uninstall .net and redownload use tool

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe try seeing if the feature's need to be turned on first: Control Panel>Programs and Features>'Turn Windows Features On or Off' (Left pane)