Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which brand/model DVD/DVR recorder can completely replicate the VCR programming...

...feature with HD/DTV channels? What brand/model DVD or DVR recorder can record many shows from many channels using either a HD/DTV tuner or connected to HDTV - using just my HDTV antennae (I do not pay for TV)?

I want to record my TV shows just like I did with my VCR, exactly, no changes. Meaning, with my VCR I could program it to record my shows from many channels, any day of the week, at any time. I'm finding, to my horror, that many DVR or VCR/DVD combo recorders have serious issues with being to *completely* replicate the VCR programming features. Especially watching and recording or recording shows from different channels on the same day. Which brand/model DVD/DVR recorder can completely replicate the VCR programming features with HD/DTV channels?

I do not want pay for TiVO. I want a machine like DVD/ recorders with HD tuners, but which brand/ model will allow me to have the VCR programming features (recording many shows from mnay channels on the same day)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look into an echostar DTV Pal DVR.

A DVD recorder with an ATSC tuner built in should work if you minimally record.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's called Tvo