Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

bootmgr is missing on my toshiba satellite L650D, no working cd/dvd drive on laptop?

i turned on my laptop today and it said 'bootmgr is missing', i have no cd dvd drive on the laptop as its broken so i cant reinstall windows. i tried to do startup repair by doing this - i have tried pressing f8 before it runs properly to get to the advanced boot options but it wont do anything. ive also tried pressing 0 while turning it on, all no help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Windows can be installed using a flash drive. The L650D had Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit out of the box, and it should have a sticker with the serial number on the bottom, you can use this during the install process. Microsoft has made a tool which lets you put a Windows 7 DVD image on a flash drive, so you can install it on computers without cd or dvd drives. Choose a custom install when installing Windows 7, and you'll see some partitions listed. Delete any small partitions, and install windows 7 on the largest partition. Don't format any partitions. All your old stuff will be moved to the folder C:\Windows.old. Your files will be accessible, but you'll need to re-install all your programs. Below are links for everything you will need (besides access to another computer with internet, and a flash drive with 4GB or more capacity):

Microsoft's official tool for putting Windows 7 on a flash drive to install it:
    http://images2.store.microsoft.com/prod/clustera/framework/w7udt/1.0/en-us/Windows7-USB-DVD-tool.exe

Download the Windows 7 ISO image from here:
    http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net/msvista/pub/X15-65805/X15-65805.iso
    (Digital River is a company that specialized in order management for many companies including Microsoft. That link will automatically download a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit disk image which is 3GB, don't click that link if you're on a cell phone because you might not have unlimited data, and the large file might make some cell phone's crash)

After you re-installed windows, download the latest drivers from here:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2681244& rpn=PSK2LU&modelFilter=L650D-ST2N01&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663