Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Airport security regulation of DVD's?

I'm not much of a traveler....but next month I'll be making quite the trip with about 15 hours total of layovers each way, so I guess that's 30 hrs total.....by myself. I've gotta find something to keep myself entertained and I'm going to be taking my laptop with me, and instead of taking up a bunch of space and downloading a bunch of movies on my laptop...I was thinking about just taking a CD case with a bunch of DVD's in it. Is there some kind of crazy rule about that kind of thing going in your carry on? I would just like to figure it out now, instead of when I get there and find out I can't take my movies with me.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    When in doubt, TSA.gov is the perfect website to find information about what is and isn't allowed on a plane. Here's the specific site:
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm
    And to answer your question, CD's and DVD's are most definitely permitted. Lots of airports tend to charge you for Internet access, so watching a movie is a very common way to pass the time. The only hitch is that they will ask you to take your laptop out of your carry-on and scan it at each security checkpoint, so make sure it can be fairly easily accessed. Have fun!