Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Paul D

Adult DVD Blu-Bay is it a SCAM?

I ordered 4 adult DVD from Blu-Bay and they debited my credit card for 6 months at £29.95 a month as apprently I joined their DVD club which is an automatic opt-in, isn't this a SCAM and an unauthorised transaction on my credit card?

Junior Member sweetiepie_screamer's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you read the small print and terms and conditions? Give their customer services a ring. Or you could get your bank to reverse the charges.

Unregistered
    I ordered 2 very cheap dvds from blubay which I still haven't received and they have just taken a further £58.13 from my account without notifying me. There is nothing on their website to say this is a membership club and surely an organisation must notify you before taking money from your account. This is a lot of money to me which I can't afford to lose. Everyone should boycott blubay IT IS A SCAM

Unregistered
    I also ordered from them and instead of being charged £2.75, I was charged £1.56 and then £57.86. I keep emailing them but get no response and I am also being charged £63 by my bank because of this. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Unregistered

blubay is a scam!

anyone had success getting their bank to do a chargeback? I lost £57 to blubay and my bank tell me I can't do anything because they have an "opt in" in their t&c's. Is this really the case? Surely it needs to be on the payment page??

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY....SCAM!!!

Unregistered
    Hi folks,

Yep, I fell for the same trap. I ordered on a Saturday night after a few beers, and thought "Bargain". On the sunday I thought I'd "Google" the company as I thought it might be too much of a good deal. I then saw all of these threads. On Monday morning I rang my bank, cancelled my debit card and explained the "membership" thing. They said that the £2.60 was now £1.50 but a debit had been set up for £49.90ish, which they could not cancel. This was taken out of my account a few days later.
    I rang Blubay and was met by many answer machine messages. The only answer I recieved was from someone who struggled to speak English. He said that my membership was now cancelled but they would still keep the first months fee. As I began to argue he hung up. I then recieved an e-mail to inform me that I had 3 months free access to their site (apparently over £100 worth?!?). I declined the offer and confirmed that I'd never signed in!
    I also e-mailed many times to cancel the so-called membership and seek reimbursement, each time stating that I had "CC'd" myself in the e-mail for future evidence, just in case I had to resort to reporting them to my bank or Trading Standards.
    Anyway, dragging this on too much. I reported them to my bank last week and got a full refund (apart from the £1.60) today. I think these people just assume they can get away with the small print ploy but I hope you all get your money back from them. Actually, read the small print. They say 10 days free trial. How's that? when they debit your account the next day? It really should be a criminal offence, and this company should be shut down. Good luck to all :-)

Unregistered
    Actually, banged on a bit too much there. The main thing to have is your original confirmation e-mail. Mine had £2.60 on it, with no further charges. No mention of membership or future debits. That is the one to mention to your bank. Proof of an agreement which authorises them to debit your account by a couple of pounds/Dollars, no mention of a monthly fee on the payment screen!!
    Once again, good luck folks :-)

Unregistered
    Google has blubay on its sponsor adds

Unregistered
    Maybe they shouldn't!!! Do you work for Blubay? They have obviously taken many people for money without their knowing, i.e. hidden small print. The fact that people can also claim this money back as unauthorised debits suggests that it is not legit. I just hope this company gets closed down very soon!

Unregistered
    same here, screwed by them via phone and E-mail. never received anything from them but a bill. they are a scam. avoid them.