Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did I waste my money in buying 4 Macro Lenses for my digital camera?

I take a lot of pictures of insects and tiny flowers, those kinds of things. I can already do Macro with the lens that came on the camera, but I feel it is limited. Will this set of four lenses I bought magnify the subject even more. That is what I want. Thank you. My camera is a Fuji Finepix-HS 20EXR, if that is significant info for the question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From looking at a picture of your camera it appears to use 58mm diameter filters. Since you forgot to tell us what brand of close-up filters you bought its impossible to comment on the quality or lack of. I've used B+W, Hoya and Tiffen filters for over 40 years and they are brands I recommend.

I say give it a go. If you don't like the results you can return them or simply chalk it all up to experience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You actually can use diopters (which are called "close-up filters" or "macro filters") to add to the apparent magnification for macro work, that is what they are for.

What you need to know is that they change the focus distance, bringing you closer to the subject. It is possible when using diopters to get a focus point that would actually put the subject inside the lens... meaning their use is not unlimited. You will have to experiment to see how they work for you, but in general, they work well enough.