Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    danie_angel85

What should I eat while im a vegetarian?

I am 14 years old and I have just now realized how horriable animals are treated for food. My parents are ok with me not eating meat, but almost every night we have some kind of meat proudct and 2 other side dishes. I can't survive on maccaroni and french fries alone, so what are some easy, somewhat fast vegan meals that I can prepare for myself?

I only want to be a lacto-ova-vegan(?) its the one where I don't eat fish or meat.

ashlinjm
    pasta, salads, fruit, chocolate, soup

jazylady62
    1: Vegans are people who do not eat Milk, Eggs, Fish, Poultry, or Red meat.. >_>

and its Lacto-Ovo. [: !
    I'm a lacto ovo, too.

Things you could ask your parents to buy, not only for you, But for the good of your whole family:

Vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Spinach, things of that sort.

Fruits: tomatoes, Raisins, Grapes, Cranberries, Apples, Oranges,
    I buy blueberries and Raspberries often. [:

Peanuts, Almonds, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Cashews,
    Things like that.

You're right,
    You can't survive on Macaroni and Cheese, Or french fries for the rest of your life.

you need Vitamin B12, Protein, Iron, Calcium, and things of that sort.

Tofu, veggie burgers, and things of that sort (Soya Products) are a GREAT source of protein!

Soy milk has B12 in it.

(You NEED to get these nutrients)

If you want Omega-3 (Found in Fish),
    you can get it with FlaxSeed Cookies
    (Sold at Walmart + Shoprite)

I havent tried them yet, But they look absolutely delicious. [:
    People swear by them!

If you have any questions,
    you can ALWAYS Contact me.

Good luck in your new journey to Vegetarianism.

peace and love !

toon l
    make sure you eat beans and legumes and find a balance

ebonyrane
    go ogle (vegetarian)

sandstorms_brother
    Congratulations. You are far more mature than other teens your age. Just remember to stick to your guns and keep it a lifelong thing.

blondebunny
    just basicly find you simple little meals that you can easily fix. for example fruit salids and stuff like that. nothing mager. you still get the needed vitamins and minerals. just be wise about what you are doing. if you don't balance it right you could do a little damage to your body. Best of luck. Hope that you stick to it.

Jennifer
    Go to the store w/ your mom and hit up the freezer section. There's a brand called Sunshine Valley Farms and they have a wide variety of soy products such as chicken patties, hot dogs, burgers, bacon, sausage, etc. It's all meat free and it tastes pretty good...plus in is a healthy alternative to meat and it will give you the nutrients you need. Pick out a few of those things and make it to go along w/ your 2 side dishes. You could also get some tofu and mash it up and put it in things like mac & cheese and mashed potatoes, etc. You can't even taste it and it has a lot of protein in it. Good luck!!

LilliSeptember
    ok. im fourteen too and just love being a vegetarian. at first it was hard finding good food. but i have a favorite food now. go buy the italian bread (all you need is like half a loaf) take it and slice it in half where you can cut out the inside. cut out inside. you will need portabella mushrooms. cut out stems and cook them in a man smothered with butter. take the bread and place cheese ono it. as much as you want. put it in the oven to make it nice and crispy. once the mushrooms are done, take them and place em on the bread. a small salad goes great and you can mix it up. once i added some nut mix and it was great (the salad not mushrooms) i just go buy veggies,nuts, fruit, bread and other stuff and experiment. it is (usually) good. peta2.com has a lot of ideas for us animal rights vegan people