Up til the age of about 16, I really didn't care about the food that was entering my stomach. I would drink of Coke, of processed foods, of hotdogs, of McDonalds, of ice cream, of trans fatty cheese... and of every pernicious food you may imagine. I can't even remember touching fruits or vegetables... they were completely absent from my diet. These foods likely impaired my health greatly... not to mention that I was lacking exercise (especially at the ages of 14-16 where I hardly moved).

Just when I turned 16, I changed my old habits and completely gave away junk food, red meat, coca cola, trans fats and highly processed foods. I also increased my exercise and probably became healthier...

A few months after I turned 17, I decided to go vegan (ethical+health reasons). For the past 5 months or so I've been thriving on mostly raw fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts and a few whole-grains. I cook, but not much. Probably 50% raw/ 50% cooked food right now.
There is no turning back now; I will continue eating as healthfully as I do. Before I would consider McDonalds or chips as junk food, but now I would consider an apple or some grapes as junk food.

My question is: Is it possible that I'm presently affected by my old eating habits? Can my body undo the damage caused by coke, hotdogs and other pernicious foods?