I made Pan fried chicken and sauteed vegetables last night and heres how it turned out -

Pan Fried chicken

I used chicken thighs (with bone) and did all the basics like dusting the chicken flour and seasoning, heating the pan, heating the oil, cooking one side then turning over etc etc...
- The chicken took a very long time to cook ( for the juices to run clear) so it ended up a bit too brown - alothough it tasted good - I would have liked it a bit golden brown instead of dark brown. I've seen recipes that cook the chicken only for 10-12 mins but I dont understand how mine always take longer ( but I never actually keep track of time, it just seems longer than 10 mins)....

Sauteed vegetables

I cut the vegetables into bite size peices, heated oil and cooked till done ( all the while tossing teh vegetables in the pan).
It tuned out ok but the vegetalbe were not as crunchy as I hoped. Is it better to blanch all the vegetables before sauteeing or is it better to let it just saute'. And what is the best way to season sauteed vegetables?
Thanks!...