Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you cook an omelette in the microwave?

Hey guys, I was wondering how because I started winter break since last Friday and I never really had such a good breakfast and I'm not aloud to use the stove. My mom is only home on the weekends to cook me breakfast (She leaves at 6 am, I'm not going to wake up that early for her to make me breakfast.) My school starts back on the 8th so until then I would have to make my own breakfast. (When school is on my dad makes me breakfast.) So that's why I would really like to know how to cook an omelette in the microwave. Also, what are some good things to eat for breakfast besides cereal or anything with caffeine. I don't really like cereal and I have to stop eating caffeine due to health problems. (In February I can eat it again, yay! Plus then will be a whole year with me not eating any caffeine.)

Thanks guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably not the best idea, that will most likely be pretty gross, but I have some recommendations.
    First, if you go to your local grocery store, then there may be some muffins and etc. there. They are good snacks for students on the go as well as tasty and filling as well. It may not be gourmet but it does the job.

Second, if you get an electronic kettle you can make yourself some cream of wheat or oatmeal. While some oatmeal can be mushy some brands of oatmeal can be really good especially when you add some fruit or your own special touch to it

Third, while there are electronic kettles there are electronic cookers
    for instance:http://www.amazon.com/Presto-07039-22-Inch-Electric-Griddle/dp/B0000Z6JMS/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1356762910&sr=1-6

and no I'm not trying to sell you this, but it is a stove-free way to make omelettes as well as other things. Like yummy pancakes. So try investing in one of these.

I hope this helped.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Microwave Omelette

Instructions
    Things You'll Need

1 egg
    Salt
    Milk
    Additional toppings to taste
    Microwavable glass cereal bowl
    Margarine
    Teaspoon

1. Grease the cereal bowl with margarine.
    2. Crack one egg into the bowl and beat with a fork.
    3. Add the milk and beat. Add only enough milk to lighten the egg color slightly. Beat until there are no patches of egg white and it is combined consistently.
    4. Add a pinch of salt.
    5. Add additional ingredients to taste. For instance, you might like a cheddar cheese and shredded turkey omelet or a black olive and green pepper one.
    6. Place in the microwave on high for one and a half to two and a half minutes, depending on the heating capability of the microwave.
    7. Remove from the microwave with hot pads. A perfectly round omelet should be in the bowl.