Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been drinking/eating soy milk for a few years now, why is it now

messing my stomach up? I started drinking soy milk rather than cow's milk a few years ago. I drank one brand for a little under a year, then switched to the "So Nice" brand. It never messed my stomach up at all, but this past week or so, it seems like whenever I drink it, my stomach feels very "icky" and I have frequent bad diarrhea and feel like I'm going to throw up. (but actually haven't yet)

Is there any reason this may have just started affecting me now? I thought maybe it was a "bad batch", or expired. But the jug doesn't have an actual expire date on it. (it does have something, but not in standard dd/mm/yy format)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soy contains several naturally occurring compounds that are toxic to humans and animals. The soy industry frequently refers to these toxins as anti-nutrients, which implies that they somehow act to prevent the body getting the complete nutrition it needs from a food. The soy toxins (such as phytic acid) can certainly act in this manner, but they also have the ability to target specific organs, cells and enzyme pathways and their effects can be devastating.