Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I want to start cooking really healthy meals..?

I need to start cooking healthy food, i love Salmon and chicken but never no what to put with them

Downloads
    Uploads
    what about coconut curry
    try it ,it taste good and is healthy

Downloads
    Uploads
    My girlfriend is on a health craze and I really like to eat. The thing that most often ticks both boxes is beans. There are SOOO many different kinds and SOOOOOO many different recipes, go to the BBC site and check it out, you'll be surprised.

Also;

Chicken - marinade overnight wth ginger, chilli, lime, soy sauce and honey. then oven.
    Salmon - soft cheese, yoghurt and chopped spring onion. Perhaps asparagus.

Damn now I'm hungry

Downloads
    Uploads
    Poached salmon goes really well with spinach and asparagus.

Chicken breasts, cooked in foil with some salt and pepper come out really juicy and tender and can be served with salad or vegetables.

Downloads
    Uploads
    use salt and pepper, and panfry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Make a wrap. Get some lettus and other veggies that you like put them in said wrap and there you go. Their filling and healthy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are now doing the following:

1. At your grocery store, buy the sealed PRE-COOKED meats that come is small packages such as the following. You can make two or three meals out of them:

Beef tips with gravy,
    Roast with gravy,
    Pork roast,
    Chicken,
    Baked ham,
    Pork chops,
    Meatloaf,
    etc.

Just heat in your microwave; directions are on the packages. You will find these packages in the cold section (not the freezer). Ask a clerk to help you find these. They are delicious.

Use these for your meat dish with a side dish or two of canned or frozen vegetables, beans, potatoes or sweet potatoes which can all be found on shelves or in the freezer section and they are already cooked.
    You can now buy bags of different flavors of precooked rice that you put into your microwave for a minute or two. These are on shelves at the grocery store. We like the chicken flavored best of all. Have a clerk help you find them.
    Real mashed potatoes that come in a bag...add water, butter, milk. Delicious. Read the directions.
    Buy top brand cans of stew for each person. Serve with cornbread, crackers, or toast.
    Soup and a grilled (fried) cheese sandwiches. Go to this video to see how to make a quick grilled cheese sandwich:
    http://startcooking.com/video/326/Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich
    Omelet with Cheese - Video:
    http://startcooking.com/video/326/Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich
    You can buy all types of salad greens in large packages now. Buy the ones that have been pre-washed. Add your own dressing which you can buy in bottles.
    2. The top brands of microwave frozen dinners are very good now. These come in single servings or in family sized bags. Follow directions. Look for the words "No Preservatives" marked on the box or package.
    Just add a canned or frozen vegetable as a side dish.

Top brands of dinners that are found on shelves. No fridge needed. Add water, microwave. These are good to take to school or work. Follow directions on the containers.
    3. Video On How To Cook A Rib Eye Steak on Stove Burner (turn on your sound), click this link:
    http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-rib-eye-steak
    4. Supermarket deli's have pre roasted chickens, fried chickens, roast beef, and side dishes. You can stop in on the way home and grab a quick dinner to take home. I buy their roasted chicken often...they are delicious.
    5. Buy a crock pot. You put everything into the pot in the morning, set it on low for 8 hours, and your dinner will be ready for you when you come home in the evening! I kid you not. Be sure to read the instruction booklet.
    There is a recipe booklet that comes with the crock pot. You can buy crock pots at places such as your grocery store, Walmart, and etc.

Here are 1,160 crock pot recipes:
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=crock+pot

DON'T FORGET TO PLUG IT IN! This happens more than you would think. lol

6. Salads. All types:
    http://southernfood.about.com/od/saladrecipes/Salad_Recipes_Salads_and_Dressings.htm