Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Christy

Did I handle this situation right?

I was in the grocery store last night and I saw someone I knew who told me one time that she was a vegetarian. She was actually standing in line at the seafood counter and I walked up behind her and asked her what was she getting. She seemed to be caught off guard when I questioned her about what she was getting. She seemed visibly nervous and said "oh, nothing, I am in the wrong line" and then she walked off. I then walked over and hid behind a large fruit display and just waited for a few minutes and sure enough, she came back into the seafood line. This time, I watched her to see what she would do and sure enough, I witnessed her buying some fish. I waited until she put it in her cart, then I approached her. She then tried to tell me she was buying it for a guest at her house and then I asked her why she would let people eat fish in her house. She didn't have an answer for me and I said if she really cared about animals, she would put the fish back.
    My question is this, do you think I handled the situation correctly? I don't feel I was forceful, I just wanted her to do the right thing.

I think it was wrong for her to try and buy fish and then lie to me about it. She told me she was a vegetarian. If she would have bought that fish, other people would have found out and it would give vegetarians a bad name. I think we need to stay true to our cause.

Do you think I did the right thing?

GoJoGoGoGo
    I actually think it's none of your business and that you should just leave the poor girl alone! Hiding behind fruit things and watching her....what must you have looked like on the store's CCTV?? hahaha

Nicola H
    You need to keep your nose out ! Are you crazy you can get arrested for stalking these days !!

Diane C
    Hmmm... her story seems fishy to me!

lisa
    surely you're not being serious?
    Not only did you stalk her round the supermarket, but you're also sticking your nose into what she does or doesn't eat
    Leave the woman alone, find a hobby

murfcop
    Well, you made her feel guilty for buying the fish, but she still got it, so would say she was getting it for someone else, even though she didnt want to

david464014
    Your story is too interesting.

pokeman
    a yes and a no because you should have left her to her business but you did the right thing by stopping her

crzygurl1122
    yeah i would say that you did. i hate when ppl say they are something or vote for or against a certain thing, then they turn their backs. its ridiculous

womster
    its up to your friend what she wants to eat, if she wants to eat fish why should it matter to you. i think it was wrong of you to question what she was eating and hide behind the fruit display like a 2 year old would have done. its also a bit late to put the fish back, in case you didnt realise, the fish is dead, he aint gonna feel a thing...... let your friend enjoy her fish