Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

chicken i defrosted yesterday in fridge?

still frozen.. I put it in the oven at 50 fro 40 minutes so far HELP this is all i have for dinner.Can this dinner be saved?

the bag of stuff is still in there

Ali
    Oh Geez....

Take the bag out of the middle to start with.

The meat will cook, slowly, so you'll be able to eat it. But, because you will have to cook it longer, it will be dry. Use a meat thermometer to make sure it is cooked all of the way through or if you think its ready poke it with a skewer or sharp knife and make sure that the juices run clear.

Next time, defrost it thouroughly on the counter. Leave it out the night before you need to cook it and in the morning put it in the fridge. Never use hot water to defrost.

Actually, just buy a roasted chicken from the deli next time. They cost about the same and surely taste better than what you are trying to do.

Hazel
    it might just need a little longer cuz it was till frozen ... try to cover it it should cook faster and not get dry .. good luck