Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you get arrested for a Lake County IL bench warrant in Cook County IL?

I got arrested for Bribery in Lake County IL when I was 20 years old. I did it because I was young, stupid, and nervous. The Judge gave me 200 hours of community service which I did not complete. The reason for that is either I drop my classes just so I can stick around to complete my community service. Or go back to school, stay out of trouble and graduate.

About a year ago right before I graduated I came back home in Cook County IL over the winter during the holiday. My friend who was driving got pulled over for a traffic violation. The police officer of course checked every one's ID under suspicion of our driver being under the influence. I said good bye every one. I am going to jail. I have a bench warrant. The police officer came back, gave my friend a speeding ticket and gave our IDs back. That's the end of my story. I of course did not go to jail.

My question still stand. Can you NOT get arrested for a Lake County IL bench warrant in Cook County IL due to geological limitation? Or did the police officer was just simply being nice and letting me go?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can. I advise you to obtain a lawyer and go to the court where the warrant was issued and clear up the situation so you are not always looking over your shoulder.

You could contact the court by telephone ask if there is a warrant for you prior to obtaining a lawyer.