Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wisconsin Laws, sometimes confusing: Minors and sexuality?

I am writing a paper for my English class in response to the rise of teen pregnancy- there are currently eight confirmed pregnancies in our relatively small high school. I've been doing research for a few days, and I can't find all of the information I've been looking for. I've been to a lot of websites, but haven't gotten out of the house due to a rather nasty cold and fever. So for now, Answers will have to do:
    I live in Wisconsin, and my paper is based on Wisconsin laws. First scenario: In the case of one person being under sixteen but over thirteen, and the other being over sixteen but under eighteen, and these persons have vaginal sexual intercourse, who could report the crime/press charges, who would be charged with what, and what would happen to the person if found guilty?
    The same questions apply to the second scenario: If both persons are over sixteen but under eighteen.
    I have not been able to find if a pregnancy changes anything about the laws. I also have found sources that make it seem that, if the parents gave consent for a person who was over sixteen/under eighteen to marry a person who was either over sixteen/under eighteen or eighteen or older, it is legal for the two people to have sex, and I have found sources that make it seem it is still illegal for the two people to have sex.

I am looking for detailed, specific answers. Very detailed, very specific, with reliable sources. Thanks in advanced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having sex with someone under the age of 15 is a felony in Wisconsin. Being a minor yourself is not a defense to the charge.

I've provided the link below, scroll down to 948.02. As you can see in sub-paragraph (4), marriage is not a bar to prosecution.

http://nxt.legis.state.wi.us/nxt/gateway.dll?f=templates&fn=default.htm&d=stats&jd= 948.01

Downloads
    Uploads
    If its illegal have sex at their ages and they get pregnant its still illegal and the court can prosecute. The only way to block the prosecution is for the parents to sign waivers for them to get married.