for me although I'm a girl? We weren't in an official relationship but we were very close friends for about two years. We had trouble communicating mostly because I became insecure and detached. When we "broke up" in January he knew how much I hurt but he was cold to me anyway. For the rest of the school year he made me jealous by flirting with girls. He would stare but ignore me. If I talked to him he'd be sour to push me away. He said he wanted me to leave him alone forever.

This year, I found out he was gay although few in school know this. He has subscribed to gay channels on YouTube and even made a video where he said he was very gay. I'm pretty sure he likes his best friend who is very feminine. This only confuses me even more.
He treats me like some sort of ex gf. I see him a little too often to just be a coincidence. Unlike last year, he's been taking the same hallways following me and has to always be around a girl. He'd be smiling with them and every so often he still looks my way. He still won't say a word to me, E-mail or call me but he'll peek at my YouTube and Facebook profiles. The less I try to notice him the more he tries to get my attention. He's also in two of my classes so I can't forget him. I want to be friends but I'm scared he'll hurt me again so I keep my distance too.

I don't understand why he has played stalking/ignoring games for 1 and a half years if he doesn't want me. If he's gay and happy with his friends why won't he just leave me alone like he wanted me to do? We are both 16 and immature but I want to resolve this vicious cycle before the end of high school.