Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why isn't it hypocritical of gays to judge ex-gays?

isn't it hypocritical to say "don't judge me" towards str8s who judge you for who you sleep with--then turn around and judge someone (an ex-gay) for who they sleep with

i know the argument is "gays are born that way" but can't one person only speak for himself? like i'm asexual, i can't say "we're all born that way" because i don't know ALL of us. that even applies to gays. i have family members who were born that way, then i have family members who acquired their orientation. ex--my cousin was raped multiple times on multiple occassions by men and now she's terrified to be alone or near a man. if she went through therapy she might change her orientation to bisexual or str8. some are born with an orientation, some acquire it, etc. there shouldn't be just ONE MEANS/DEFINITION of how you ended up with your orientation, so why judge ex-gays?
    now if the ex-gay is condemning homosexuality, then judge them for that. but don't judge them for their relations.
    and if some say your orientation is permanent, then i respond "once again, why are you speaking for others? you can only speak for yourself."
    i think if everyone would think/speak for him/herself we'd get a lot further.

(like if ppl stopped worrying about what gays were doing, and just minded their own business wouldn't gay marriage be legal?)
    AWWW MAN I TRIED TO MAKE IT SHORT!!!
    DOLIS i agree.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it's judgment so much as sympathy, empathy, and fearing for that person's wellbeing. They have been shown in studies to be completely ineffective. Every psychiatric and psychological association in the country classifies these ex-gay programs as psychologically damaging and emotionally abusive. Do you have any idea what the suicide rates are among so called ex-gays!?