Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does the Homo community feel offended with a comment "that's gay?"?

I do it all the time, it's my way of expression. I feel no offense when hearing it either.To me this phrase is a phrase. I dunno, i'd like some opinions not attacks.
    thanks for the answers. I see it now. But i dunno, it'll take me a while take it out of my vocab... haha

I'm sorry to have insulted. I too am gay, i was asking it as a curious question. I had no intentions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Think about it. You are at a store and they are out of the product you want. You say, "That's so gay!" You are really thinking, "That's so stupid!" People use "gay" as a synonym for "dumb" or "stupid." Sometimes it slips out, cause we hear it all the time, and sometimes say it. But it can be extremely offensive. Or as another example it would be like saying, "That's so (insert your name here)"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just dont like it because subconciously or conciously it associates being gay with bad things... also the fact that so little is done about it annoys me... Kids at school say "Thats so Gay" all the time, teachers say nothing, if they said "Thats so black!" or "Thats so muslim" how much trouble would they get in???

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Gay" has a negative connotation when used in that context. Essentially you are insulting someone or something when you say it's gay, which in turn offends homosexuals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's only temporary. it's a cultural change. the word has been defined to mean something other than homosexual.

i say 5 -10 yrs, gay meaning lame or stupid will be completely common place. we just have to get the bigots to die off or evolve.

just as the word "f@g" was derogatory. people are using it now to describe things other than homosexual with no offense meant to the LGBT community. In reality, it is the younger generations using their power of vocabulary to break down the walls of prejudice.

I will admit, it took me a while to figure that out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because you're using it as synonymous with stupid.

And because despite 1400 years with the English language, that's the best insult 90% of the population can think of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because gay is a synonym for stupid.

Junior Member DreThaddeusVenture's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "I'd like opinions, not attacks" says the guy addressing the "homo community".

Does someone at your low IQ level actually understand every word that's spoken to them, or does it all come through as static unless the word has one syllable or less?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoy a good joke of this type too. But I do not get this phrase.

Can these users give a literal definition? If not, I think they should stop using it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Picture yourself standing in a group with myself and a couple of friends. A guy passes nearby wearing ratty-looking clothes, hair matted and feet coming out of torn shoes and I say, "Oh, that's so Alan."

Now how do you feel? Would you like for it to catch on and hear everyone saying it, using it to describe anything that is odd, ugly or out-of-style?

Exactly how do you *expect* us to feel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast